Dollywood’s Annual 2012 Festival of Nations
Have you ever wanted to attend a festival that is not only exciting, but also provides an unmatched cultural experience with performers from around the world? If you attend the annual Festival of Nations in Dollywood, you will experience just that. Bring your family to Carr’s Cottagesand from March 24 through April 30 you will be able to experience nine different amazing performances that one would normally have to travel the world to experience. With such captivating entertainment all under one “roof,” this is an experience that cannot be missed. Headlining performances, their dates, country of origin and a short description are shown below:
- Ashelin (Newfoundland, Canada): Ashelin is a band of five sisters singing and dancing to Newfoundland and Irish music. Their harmonious blend of vocals and melodies pays tribute to their folk roots. Appearing April 11 – April 30.
- Atahualpa (Ecuador): The group Atahualpa is composed of six members from the Andes region. Together they mix a blend of contemporary music with South American dance rhythms and traditional music played on native Incan instruments. This group is a festival favorite and will be performing March 24 – April 30.
- Los Pampas Gauchos (Argentina): This group makes for a very high energy show from their native Argentine sounds to their powerful rhythms and their spectacular act of dancing with weapons. Performing March 24 – April 30.
- Russian Academic Band (Russia): Together for over 28 years, the Russian Academic Band brings the traditional brass sounds of Russia to Dollyworld. Appearing March 24 – April 9.
- Spirit of the Dance (Ireland): After winning over nine Global Awards, including “Best Chorography,” Spirit of the Dance has proven to be a spectacular show as performers partake in a foot-stomping Irish dance. Inspiring audiences March 24 – April 30.
- The Paper World Show by Mimirichi (Ukraine): Dressed as clowns, this group uses paper scenery to create a fascinating show. If you like to participate, you will be excited to know that during this performance, the audience is encouraged to get involved. Performing March 24 – April 30.
- Veseli Begunjcani (Slovenia): Using upbeat Bavarian music, this group showcases their musicians and lively vocals as well as a Slovenian Polka party. April 2 – April 30.
- Zambian Vocal Group (Africa): Although each member of this vocal group comes from different African tribes, they perform acapella to preach the message that music unites us all. Appearing March 24 – April 30.
- Zebra Stelzentheater of Germany (Germany): A dance performance is one thing, but these performers dance on spring loaded stilts! Using colorful costumes and intricate choreography, this show is sure to provide guests with a brand new experience. Performing March 24 – April 30.
We hope to see you all come and enjoy one, if not all of these amazing performances as you help Dollywood celebrate world wide culture in art, dance, food and music right here in the Great Smoky Mountains at Dollywood TN! Discount Dollywood tickets available at our front desk. Combined with our low off-season rates, it’s a great opportunity to have a fantastic yet affordable vacation in Gatlinburg.